Thursday, April 16, 2009

Solid Gold

Someone famous once said: "Diamonds are a girl's best friend." Someone less famous (me) once said: "Gold is a redhead girl's best friend." Back in the early 1990's silver jewelry was popular as ever being sold at outdoor market stalls all over the world. From stackable rings and dangling earrings to best friend necklaces and belly button rings, silver was simply considered a lot cooler than gold. I knew better however. Silver and I never really connected, and so I turned my back on the trend and sported the pretty gold jewelry my grandmother, who also knew better, had bought me over the years. Today I still prefer gold, whether it's a pair of oversize hoop earrings, or gold Moroccan bangles. Shopstyle brings you some lovely polished and affordable pieces that will surely glisten in the summer sun, if it ever arrives that is.

Forever 21 at ShopStyle

No comments:

Post a Comment